Conclusion

Explaining the Results:

This experiment showed that no other liquid besides water is the most beneficial when it comes to how fast a plant grows. Water obviously grew the most. The milk didn't grow as fast as water, but in the second week, the milk was showing a growth spurt. By the third week, the milk was rotting and the plant dried out and died. The coffee also showed some results the second week and grew a lot more the third week. The plants that showed the most results were all water-based or natural liquids, water, coffee, and milk. The apple juice and the energy drink started to sprout but didn't grow much after that. The liquids that did not show any results at all was the Coke and Diet Coke. 


Conclusion:

My hypothesis stated that water and apple juice will have the tallest plants after three weeks of watering them. I also predicted that because apple juice has natural sugars in it, it will grow faster than water. I stated that Diet Coke and Coke would not grow based on the amount of artificial flavors and sugars contained in them. My hypothesis was right in some ways. I was correct that water would grow the tallest but apple juice barely grew within the three weeks. I was incorrect that apple juice would grow the most out of all the plants. I also stated that Diet Coke and Coke would not grow and I was correct about this. From this experiment, I can conclude that water is the most beneficial to plants. Plants do not respond well to any added sugars that are not natural. I did not include coffee and milk in my hypothesis, but these helped the plants grow, not as well as water, but was still beneficial to the plants. 


Real-world Connection:

I think that we can connect the way that the plants reacted to these liquids to our bodies. The water was the best for the plants showing that it is healthy and pure. I think that the Diet Coke and Coke were the ones that really showed how unhealthy they are. Neither of these helped the plant grow. This shows how bad these liquids are for the body. They have no beneficial ingredients in them and is really unhealthy to drink. The biggest takeaway from this experiment is making sure that I drink water daily and limit the amount of drinks that are artificial. 


Experimental Error:

I think that one thing that may have affected my experiment is that I only refrigerated the liquids that needed it such as the milk and apple juice. The rest of the liquids were just room temperature. I think that if all of them were refrigerated it might have changed the results of the experiment. If I would do the experiment again, I would refrigerate all of the liquids in the experiment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Methods