Introduction

Summarizing the Background Information:

I will be conducting an experiment to see if different types of liquids affect the growth of a plant. In order to do this, I am going to have multiple bean plants and put them all in the same amount of sunlight and soil. I will water the plants with different liquids such as water, Coke, diet Coke, energy drink, coffee, and apple juice. This experiment will test how different types of sugar, such as natural and artificial, will make the plant grow slower or faster. It will also test if there are other liquids that make a plant grow faster than just using water. I am curious to see how additives effect the growth of the living organisms. 


Question:

Have you ever wondered if there was a more efficient liquid other than water that would help plants grow faster? This question will be answered by conducting an experiment testing if there are other liquids that have a bigger impact on plants that are not water. I will be observing which out of the seven different liquids being watered will have the greatest effect on plant growth.


Hypothesis:

I predict that water and apple juice will have the tallest plants after three weeks of watering them. I think that since apple juice has natural sugars contained in it, that it would help the plant grow faster than just water. I believe that sugar will have an impact on the speed and growth of the plant and I think that it may be more impact to the plant. I also think that coffee will grow faster as well because it contains many nutrients that can help the plant grow. But, I do not think that diet coke or coke will make the plant grow because of the amount of artificial flavors and sugars. These are probably not healthy for the plant resulting in it not growing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conclusion

Methods