Methods

Experimental Design:

In order to conduct this experiment, I will put the same amount of soil into seven cups and plant a bean seed in each one. I will place each cup in the same spot where they will all receive the same amount of sunlight. Then, I will label each cup with the type of liquid that I will be watering it with. Each day, I will water each plant with one tablespoon of the different type of liquid. The first week of this experiment, I will still water the plants daily, but I will cover each cup with plastic wrap allowing the seeds to germinate and start to sprout. After a week, I will uncover the plants and continue to water them. I will take pictures of the progress weekly in order to show what plants are growing and which plants haven't. 


Variables:

Independent: Type of liquid watering the plants

Dependent: Plant growth 

Constant: Soil, amount of sunlight, amount of liquid being watered, bean seed, cup


Materials:

Measuring spoon, seven identical cups, soil, bean plant seeds, water, coffee, Coke, Diet Coke, apple juice, milk, energy drink


Below is an image showing all of the seeds germinating in the different liquids.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Conclusion